Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 494
The Subclass 494 visa is a new visa that will come into effect on 16th November 2019.
This visa allows Employers who are located in a designated regional area of Australia, to sponsor skilled worker on a provisional visa for up to 5 years.
Designated areas of Australia are as follows:
- Western Australia – Perth included
- South Australia
- Victoria – Excluding Melbourne
- NSW – Excluding Sydney
- Queensland – Excluding Brisbane
- Northern Territory
- Australian Capital Territory
Additional areas that will become regional on 16th November 2016 include:
- NSW Central Coast
Other regional areas include:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Holders of the Subclass 494 visa may be eligible for a permanent residency pathway through the *coming soon Subclass 191 (Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional)) Visa, expected to be in effect 16 November 2021.
In order to be eligible for the Subclass 494 Visa you will need the meet the follow criteria:
- The employers vacant position (occupation) must be one on the specified occupation list – https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L01403
- An employer will need to seek approval from the (RCB) regional certifying body in your designated area
- Employers must have a genuine need for your occupation on a full time basis
- The vacancy will generally be available for 5 years
- Employers must pay the annual market salary rate
Visa applicants will need the following criteria:
- Your position must on the specified occupation list – https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L01403
- You must be under 45 years of Age
- You must demonstrate competent English
- You will need a positive skills assessment
- You must have at least 3 years of fulltime and relevant work experience
Pathway to Permanent Residency from the Subclass 494 Visa:
The Subclass 494 is a 5-year visa, after holding the visa for a minimum of 3 years you may be eligible for the Subclass 191 (permanent residency (Skilled Regional)) visa which is due to come into effect on the proposed date the 16th of November 2021.
You will need to show you have been paid a minimum of $53,900 annually for the 3 years you held your Subclass 494 visa. You can include family on the application for the Subclass 191 visa.
You do not need to be nominated by your employer to apply for the Subclass 191 visa.
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 494 is replacing the existing Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme – Subclass 187 Visa on the 16th November 2019. Existing applications that are lodged prior to the 16th of November 2019 will not be impacted by the new changes.
For more information on your eligibility for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 494 visa Call one of our Registered Migration Agents on 0435 784 677 today!