About This Site

This visa enables genuinely skilled workers brought in to address labour shortages to bring their family. It is for family members of subclass 482 and 457 visa holders

With this visa, you can

  • live, study and work in Australia
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid

How long you can stay

You can stay for as long as your visa is valid.

Stay longer

If your visa is expiring and the primary applicant wants to maintain their sponsorship with the employer:

  • the employer will need to submit a new nomination
  • you must apply for a new visa.

You can’t stay longer by extending the visa.

The employer could also sponsor the main applicant for permanent residence through the:

The main applicant might be eligible for other skilled work visas. Use our visa finder to find out options for work

Include family

For this visa, family members are:

  • the partner of a primary 457 or 482 visa holder
  • your dependent child 
  • your partner’s dependent child

Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.

Apply from

You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application.

If you are in Australia, you must hold:

  • a Substantive visa or
  • a Bridging visa A, B or C

You might be able to apply even if your substantive visa has a no further stay condition attached to it.

Your obligations

You and your family must meet all visa conditions and follow Australian laws.

See what conditions might be attached to this visa. [Link to conditions service when available


from AUD1175


Book a Consulation about this Visa

Complete our online enquiry form and one of our agents will contact you shortly